Saturday, August 14, 2004

wonderful day

What a wonderful day I had today. We got up early and headed out for breakfast. After eating we hit up a few yard sales then decided to go for a ride. We headed down the freeway to Dalton and then off to Chatsworth. Once in Chatsworth we headed up the mountain. This was a really steep upgrade 22% grade. The ride was beautiful! Up we went into the clouds! After arriving on top we went to a place called Fort Mountain. Isn't that a spectacular view? We are in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains.

Here is the first sign of fall color in August! Could be a sign that we are due for a cold winter!

Here is someone's home! I did not knock as I really did not want to disturb their sleep. This home is in the bottom of a tree that is still alive.

This is a twisted tree that I saw. I thought it was pretty.

Here I am on the way up a trail to see a rock wall. It was a steep climb up, easy going down though!

This is the stone wall. No one knows who made this wall. One of the Cherokee legends says that moon-eyed white men made the walls. On each end of the wall is a basin that faces the setting sun and rising sun. There are pits that some say were honeymoon nests.

Here are some pinecones I saw. They are so tiny! They are only about 2-3 inches long.

Here is Papaw and Brook fishing in a small mountain lake.

After we got home we saddled up the horses and went riding. Pat doubled Brook with him. It was the longest ride Precious has had since she was hurt. She stumbled near the end of the ride as we were going down a hill. She went all the way down on her front knees twice as she tried to regain her balance. At one time she was on all 4 knees, scared me. I was afraid she had really hurt herself. She was favoring her back leg a bit. I put some Absorbine Jr on her after the ride. Pat rode some more and when he took off Precious watched them leave. As soon as they were out of sight she took off like a bandit to catch up with them! For a fat, out of shape horse, she sure can run when she wants too!

I am tired now. I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

7 comments:

  1. That is waht Hubby and I were talking baout today. That this cool spell and its cool here in Ky for august. I mean cool and not really been  awarm summer at all may lead to a sooner than expect fall. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a perfect day (except for Precious falling, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL  PICS !!!! MAKES ME WISH I WERE THERE !!! I'M SURE PRECIOUS IS OK... BUT, I KNOW THAT SCARED YOU..YOU DID GOOD TO THINK TO PUT ABSORBINE JR ON IT!!!!

    HEY !!!  MY LITTLE CHIHUAHUA IS NAMED PRECIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that looks wonderful!  I had a great day today too, spent the day with my aunt and uncle in WA, but just too tired to write about it right now...piles of email to wade through, lol.  Maybe in the morning...

    Sammie  :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pictures (one day I will learn how to add photos). You look great and happy!  That path upwards seems both fun and challenging.  I cannot wait until I live somewhere that actually has seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CELESTE, IT SOUNDS LIKE TOMORROW WILL SURELY BRING SOMETHING NICE FOR YOU. :) BECAUSE OF THE SIMPLE FACT THAT YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY, HOME, AND HORSE TOO. LETS NOT FORGET PRECIOUS !!!.......
    ANYWAYS, YOU DONT HAVE TO LOOK TO FAR TO FIND BEAUTY, AND TO HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY. I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS GIRL!! I HAVE TO DRIVE QUITE AWHILE TO FIND THE BEAUTIFUL SCENERY THAT YOU HAVE RIGHT OUT YOUR BACK DOOR!! ...............
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT TOO CELESTE. :) THEY ALWAYS MAKE MY DAY!!
    KIM.
    GIRLS NAMED KIM USUALLY DO MAKE GREAT BEST FRIENDS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pics, Thanks for sharing.

    Lahoma

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,