Thursday, August 26, 2004

Success

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is the meaning of success."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 comments:

  1. I love when you post stuff like this! It always comes when I need to hear it the most! I hope you are doing better today!!! Hugs ~Ann : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I thought about while reading this was, J-Land. lol

    Lahoma

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great.  I really like that.  

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is one of my absolute most favorite quotes .. in fact (i just double checked lol) its the quote in my profile !!
    trivia quiz coming up lol
    this quote is attributed to emerson but is incorrect as far as anyone can really tell .. the real author, according to the people that are supposed to know this is B Stanley
    i think i even did a journal entry with the same quote and the confusion behind who really wrote it
    regardless i love the  quote !!!
    pamela

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,