Sunday, August 8, 2004

Today

This morning was nice. I got up and cooked my baby limas for the church dinner. I made my pasta salad and orange fluff last night. Today was homecoming at the church I have been attending. If you have ever been to a Southern Baptist church diner you know there is plenty of good eating! Most of the women are my age and older so they know how to cook! The really wonderful thing is Pat went with me! Afterwards we went to his mama’s and took her a plate of food.

We were just driving around and saw some people putting up hay. We stopped and talked to them and found out where they were getting it from. Well we went there and made a deal with them for 100 bales from the field. They are pretty good bales ranging from 40-50 pounds each. Belle started eating it as soon as we started unloading them. She probably took a bite from most of them LOL It took 3 trips to get them all since our trailer had a flat tire. We were talking to the guy and he is going to tell someone about Belle. The man that he is talking about trains horses. He also said his wife may want her. She rides in shows and is always looking for another good horse. We will see how it all turns out.

That was my day. A good one. I am pleased I am finally able to do things again that I was afraid I would never be able to do again. After breaking my back I never thought that I could do hay again. It felt like heaven!

3 comments:

  1. I DO KNOW HOW THOSE SOUTHERN BAPTISTS CAN PUT ON A GOOD DINNER. :)
    MY FAMILY ARE PENTECOSTAL, AND TO ME, THEY ALSO CAN COOK LIKE CRAZY.
    GREAT FOOD. BUT WHENEVER WE GO SOUTH, I AM ALWAYS AWARE OF ONE THING. SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY. YOU JUST CANT BEAT IT!!
    CAN YA GIVE ME YOUR RECIPE FOR THE ORANGE FLUFF?
    KIM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man am I hungry.  I want the recipe for the orange fluff! -Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete
  3. In this Texas town where I live every event has food. They just can't serve refreshments, it must be a whole meal. Help! My waist line is expanding. Paula

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,