Monday, August 16, 2004

Vacation over

Vacation is over and I am glad and sad. I have had a wonderful time this past week with my hunny. I think it has possibly been the best vacation time we have ever spent together. Somehow we made it thru it still liking each other and wishing it was longer. Yesterday we went to the Smokies. Did a little fishing, a little hiking (very little), a bit of shopping and a lot of driving! We got home at 1 am and I had to get up at 6am. Needless to say this has been a long slow day. I posted some pictures in YGP because for some reason I am having trouble posting in my FTP space.

There are lots of pictures of water and mountains. You will see some pictures of an old one room schoolhouse that also served as the local church. Inside is a real blackboard, blackboard as in board painted black. There are also desks that doubled as pews. The roof is made of wood slates. Outside is an old graveyard. Some of the headstones are only slabs of rock, no inscription. There were a couple of footbridges made from split logs. And of course pictures of my 2 darlings.

If anyone gets a chance too they really must go to the Smokie Mountains. Go into the mountains away from the towns, experience the real thing. If you like camping or riding your horse go there. There are campsites set up for horses if that is your thing.

Well I need to get busy. I have a ton of catching up to do in my reading!

 

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AREN'T THE SMOKIES SO BEAUTIFUL?  THEY ARE ONE OF MY FAVORITE PLACES TO VISIT. tHE FIRST TIME I SAW THOSE MOPUTAINS IT TOOK MY BREATH AWAY...IT STILL DOES! I LOVED THE PIC'S...THEY TURNED OUT GREAT DIDN'T THEY??? THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most definetly my kind of vacation, Im so glad you had a good time, it sure looks very soul searching kind aplace, i would love it there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Love the pics!

    Lahoma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey you were real close to us here in KY then. Yes I rememebr the smokies its very nice. Lori

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,