Friday, August 6, 2004

A journal comment

I received a comment on my entry about SAHMs  . I thank her for the very moving comment that she posted. I wanted to post that comment as the writer, a professional woman, was very clear on her feelings about SAHMs. Ladydriversammie of the MovieOn journal left the following comment:

Arrrrrrrrggggghhhh!

That is how frustrated that makes me.  Is this woman crazy?  Does she think that the whole purpose of the equality for women was so that we were no longer allowed to decide what we do with our own lives, and must instead do what is the greater good of society?  And how on earth did she twist it around to sound like SAHM's are disserving society?  From what I've seen, SAHM's are usually volunteers for all sorts of things, they take care of the house, the bills, the kids, the chauffering the kids, the grocery shopping, watching neighborskids.....obviously this woman reporter has her reporting senses stuck so far up her butt all she can smell is poop and couldn't sniff out a clue of how much work it is to be a SAHM.  Just ridiculous.

By doing all those things and more the SAHM's ARE contributing to society...and freeing up their husband to concentrate on his job, and by taking care of everything around the house, that leaves the husband free to spend quality time with his kids when he gets home, instead of paying bills, housework, etc, etc, etc.

What an idiot and a poor excuse for a woman she was to write that.  Not everyone provides for their society equally....or else we would have to rule out my job now huh?  I can volunteer for nothing, attend no meetings, take care of no one's children....but wouldn't career women that have time for nothing else, like me, balance out the fact that a SAHM is doing so much for her community rather than work?  Isn't that what a community is?  A team?

I think the woman is just jealous of some fantasy she believes of being a SAHM...you know, the life of luxury that she's missing...boy if only she knew what it's really like for SAHMs!

Okay, enough, I feel better now, lol.

Sammie
Comment from ladydriversammie - 8/6/04 6:14 PM

3 comments:

  1. I'm a SAHG,Stay at Home Godmother,and I think my sister and I do an amazing job.  I mean anyone who'd meet Austin would say that this little boy is a happy,well-adjusted and intellegent little boy!  He's brillant. I don't worry about what other's say because we have a kid here whose 2 and speaks in full sentences and can count to 5 and is growing smarter every day. I perfer to focus on those things instead of the meaningless opnions of others.  

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks, I didn't know my ranting was gonna get posted, lol.  All true though...I like my job but if Charlie could support us both well I might stay home and we could get custody of his kids...then I could cook up yummy stuff and decorate the house and all kinds of things I don't have time for now....yeah right, you know I'd really be on journals all day, lol.  I'd probably forget to pick up the kids at school or something!  But then, that's why I do what I'm cut out for and SAHM's do what they're best at!

    Sammie  :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. freedom of speech i tell ya!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,