Thursday, August 12, 2004

Belle and the fence

My hunny and I got the fence fixed today. It did not take very long. Before putting Belle back in the backyard we gave her a half way bath. She hates it! She really needed it. She had pooped in the stall and then laid down in it. What a mess she was! I told Pat that we had to wash her because she stunk!!! She did not mind the rubbing with the rags too much as long as she did not feel any water running down her. I do not understand why she is like that, she will stand out in the rain and let the rain go on her. When it came time to rince her she was edgy so I had to pour the water on her. There was no way we were going to try the water hose! Well she danced all over the place while we did that. We then put her in the back yard. The first thing she did was go check out the place where it was. Belle was unhappy about the fact that the fence was fixed! LOL!

4 comments:

  1. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I ENJOY READING YOUR JOURNAL AND ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS ABOUT YOU AND YOUR HORSE. THE PART I LOVED ABOUT THIS ENTRY WAS WHEN YOU SAID SHE DOESNT LIKE THE WATER RUNNING ON HER, BUT , SHE WILL STAND OUT IN THE RAIN!! MAYBE SHE IS FINNICKY? A LIL BIT? WHAT KINDA HORSE IS SHE?
    WELL, I AM GLAD TO HEAR YOU GOT YOUR FENCE FIXED. PAT NEEDS TO HAVE A TALK WITH HIS CUZ, YA KNOW IT? HE COULD CAUSE YOU TO LOSE YOUR HORSE? I KNOW THAT SOUNDS CRAZY BUT ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. THAT WOULD NOT BE NICE TO SAY THE LEAST.
    HUGS TO YOU!!
    KIM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had an Arabian that had to have WARM water baths. So we would have to trailer him somewhere with a hot water heater to bathe him. ROFL

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that guy is cutting the fence on purpose, I wouldnt put him past anything else. Keep an eye out for more trouble. If you can afford it, set up a video camera to catch him in the act.

    Lahoma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the waterhose - with a good shower-type sprayer - might have been even easier for you.  The shower sprayers most closely resemble rain.  And even if they to squirm or get away, you can just follow them with the sprayer.  LOL  Poor babies - no nice warm showers for them!  As humans, we're sooo spoiled.  LOL  And you've got a great journal here!  

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,