Friday, August 20, 2004

Johnny

I was reading my journals this morning and I read the story of Johnny. It is such a moving entry about love and optimism. The tears came to my eyes as I was reading it and they just came back as I was just thinking about it. If everyone could try to view things the way Johnny did, life would be better. I think that having a pessimistic attitude all the time is one of the great problems in the world today. It causes distrust, prevents love from happening, keeps the mediocre mediocre. What if all the great inventors had said that it could not be done? Where would we be today? What about all the explorers searching for a new land?

We need more optimism in our lives. I am as guilty of allowing pessimism to control me at times. Life gets dark and I feel that there is no future, life is so ugly. I would see no hope and feel no love. It seems all you hear about is war, death, hate, anger, abandonment.Then I see or hear something that opens my eyes and heart up again.There is so much beauty in the world if we only open our eyes to see it.

3 comments:

  1. (((Celeste))) It's hard to be optimistic all of the time, but you are right. There is a lot of beauty in the world, we just need to keep our eyes open! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah my grandmother looks at the one bank in our subdivisoin that is NOT mowed and focuses on IT. when there are five others around it that have been neatly mowed with love. I try to tell her quit gripping at the neighbors ( you would t hink an 85 year old woman would have more nice things to say coming from the generation she did but more and more elderly seem to t hink they have the right to be grumps!!!!!!!) get out and walk and talk to others go do things and quit looking for hte bad. She sits and focuses on HERSelf too much. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU ARE THEEEEE NICEST PERSON. SO KIND HEARTED!!
    ABOUT YOUR ENTRY, HOW THOUGHTFUL OF YOU. AND , I COULDNT AGREE WITH YOU MORE ON WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN HERE TODAY. :)
    KIM.
    P.S. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LEAVING THAT COMMENT IN MY JOURNAL. IT MEANS ALOT TO ME {{{{CELESTE}}}}}
    KIM.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,