Monday, August 9, 2004

BUSY!!!

This morning was busy for me. We still had a load of hay on the truck to put in the barn. First the sun needed to come out and dry the dew off of it. While waiting on that to happen I got busy. First we filled up the water barrels. Then we put Bullfrog sunscreen on Belle. Came in and ate a quick PB sandwich (for breakfast) and back outside again. I then tackled the tack room. I do not know why we call it a tack room, it is more feed than tack. Anyway I cleaned it out to get it ready for wintertime. in the winter time I keep about 10 -15 bales of hay in there. Makes it easier on me when I am feeding them, the hay and grain is in the same room. I told Pat to stay out of my way. He tends to look things over and tell a story about where he got it or why he got it, stuff like that. A 2 hour job will last all day like that! He minded me this time and said not a word when I was throwing things away and did not go into the garbage to get anything out!!! A mircle has occured! LOL He got up on the roof and patched a leak that had sprung up right over where the hay goes. After finishing up there we loaded the hay into there so that it will be ready when cold weather hits then put the rest in the hay barn. I love the smaell of new hay. It is so sweet smelling. Poor Pat he has developed some allergy to it and it causes his asthma to act up. Not too bad now that he has successfully quit smoking!

Gotta go now and fix some lunch and do some laundry and watch soaps! LOL! Then after that Brook will be home and get ready for TaeKwonDo. Maybe he will want to eat out tonight..........

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE READING YOUR JOURNAL. IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE THE KIND OF LIFE I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE. THE HORSES THE FARM. I WOULD LOVE THAT. IF IT COULD ALL GO INTO THE CITY THAT IS. I AM A CITY GIRL AT HEART THAT LOVES TO RIDE HORSES,AND I ALSO LOVE A QUIET LIFE. JUST SOMETHING ABOUT BEING OUT IN THE BOONEYS, LOL........
    KEEP WRITING ABOUT YOUR HORSE AND STUFF THOUGH, I LOVE IT!!
    THANKS FOR THE SWEETEST COMMENT THAT YOU LEFT TODAY IN MY JOURNAL TOO BY THE WAY, YOU ARE THE BEST. :)
    KIM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought your hunny was home and you all were going to do some relaxing together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way hay smells too. You make me miss the farm.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,