Tuesday, August 3, 2004

Sad day but a good one too

Today started out as a wonerful day. Gotup early to get Brook off to school and then cleaned up some. After Pat got up we ate and then got the horses out for a ride. We rode them for about 30 minutes. I have to be careful with Precious  because she has not been rode in a while and she does not have shoes on. We rode on the road for just a short bit. Precious has only been on a road a couple of times. She is afraid of cars and starts backing and spinning around when one comes by. I am slowly getting her used to it but it may take a bit.

LOL. Brook's dog Stinker,  came running up behind Precious and her back side took a nose dive, or maybe I should say a "tail" dive. No harm done, finished out the ride just fine.

The part that sadden my day was the first e-mail I opened today contained information about my Aunt Mary. She died yesterday of a ruptured brain aneurysm. She knew she had one and it was rather large. She died quickly but not fast enough. She called 911. She lived in Aurora,CO and had a great many friends everywhere. Everyone who met her loved her.

Saddly enough no one knows what to do about my cousin, Mary Lou. She is in a nursing home. She has MS. She was so dependent on my aunt. My aunt had expressed concern just a few weeks ago about what would happen to her. Her brother and sister both live elsewhere. I will worry about her. I will call and make sure I get her address. I always sent her cards but I mailed them to my aunt and she would take them to her.

That's all for now. I am going to catch up on my reading and go play a few games.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss.  I understand your concern for your cousin.  When I hear about MS it saddens me, for my ex-daughter-in-law is in the early stages of it.  So far she is fine.  In fact, she works with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your Aunt, and your problem with your cousin--that's a tough one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a nice ride...nice picture of doggie. So sorry to here about your auntie, that is so sad Celeste, let me know if there is anything i can do for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss. Bless your family.judi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Celsete, I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt. You & your family are in my thoughts. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,