Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Time is flying

Where has time gone? Brook is back to school and life is in a whirlwind! Yesterday she started back to school and everything returned to normal (Ithink).

Where do I start...... Walk down to school bus.... on the bus she goes. Back to the house and I hop on computer to read mail and journals. I had the most impossible time staying online. Started an entry in my journal several times and was disconnected each time so I gave up. Next thing I know I cannot reconnect sooooooooo I go outside and check my phone line, no problem on my end but the phone company's end had a big problem. Everytime you attempt to dial a number you get a busy signal. I would not have known it was their problem had I not tried the * 67 feature. I got a busy signal instead of the dial tone  I am supposed to get. So I got on the cell and called the phone company and told them.

Next I start doing laundry, I only had enough soap to do 2 loads and I had maybe 5-6 to do. Well that ended that. The rest of the time is spent cooking beakfast and lunch.

Pat leaves for work and I start cutting grass.

Brook gets home from school. She has a ton of makeup work to do. She missed 4 days of school. Getting her to do something she does not want to do is like pulling teeth from a tiger! We get some of that over with and she gets to her reading homework. This is good because she likes to read. She is reading Black Beauty, not the Disney edition. This is the one that has words like whilst in it. No she does not know all the words but she knows more of them than I knew she knew. I think it is surprising her too about how much she can read. I know that someone is thinking that she is too young for that book. That is okay for you to say that. She is 6 almost 7 in case you are unsure of her age.

After that we eat we then go to TaeKwonDo. She has a belt test on Friday so we need to work on her form. She is so excited about this! I will post pictures! =)

After we get home the phone is finally working so I make some calls and answer some calls. I decide that I am too tired to do anything else and just chill playing games.

So far today I have not been disconnected once.

Today, I will be having surgery on my eyelid. It is nothing too serious. I have a small cancer on my upper lid that needs to be removed. Normally I would just leave it but it itches at times so I need to remove it. I have caused it to bleed several times. You cannot see it unless you look up close. It is office surgery.

Well I am getting off now. I think I will take a nap. My head hurts, sinuses are bothering me from cutting grass.

4 comments:

  1. Yes its hard to play make up with school. One blessing of homeschooling is that we dont have to worry about that. Most times Rachael can usually get her work done somehow during the sickness and if not we just add onemore school day or what ever on the year. Its nice we are our own boss. You can also laz around somedays if you are still not up to par. I mowed the other day and I have been having a head ache and sinus too. But it was mostly due to my stressful day yesterday. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH yes hope your eye surgery goes very simply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your list of ailments clear up.  

    I will not do my entries any other way but this way, I type them first in a word document and then I copy and paste into my journal.  Because for one, there is no spell check and two I like to start and stop, and finally I would hate to lose an entry.

    My daughter read that version of Black Beauty when she was 9, I do not think Brooke is too young, reading and vocabulary is a wonderful thing.

    Good luck with the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GUESS I SPOKE TOO SOON IN THE ENTRY AFTER THIS ONE. SORRY BOUT THAT.
    I HAVE SKIN CANCER TOO. ITS THE BASAL CELL CARCINOMA. IT SUCKS TO GET THOSE THINGS CUT OFF, BUT, I AM JUST THANKFUL I DIDNT HAVE THE MELANOMA.
    GOOD LUCK AND TAKE CARE GIRL.
    KIM.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,