Friday, February 4, 2005

The rest of the story

I talked to my doctor today. She has my test results. Drum roll please....LOL Well, it was a mixture of news, good news and not real bad. For the real good news, my cholesterol is down to 187 from 233 just 2 months ago. Now this is from not taking drugs to lower it. My bad kind is still too high. It is 129. That is a 70 point drop in 1 year! One year ago it was 199. Now to get my weight down. More good news, my thyriod has leveled off! No change in my medicine this time. Now for the mixed news. My blood sugar was still elevated but it was lower than the last time. No medicine yet. I am to go on an 1800 calorie diabetic diet to bring it under control. If it is still elevated in 3 months then I will go on daily monitoring of my blood sugar.

O yes, the new medicine is not a new drug, just new for me. It is actually an old drug, Relafen.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a mixed bag of news.  I'll remember to mention you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. I know you are sooo pleased, sense you were expecting the worst. LOL Even the blood sugar thing can be taken care of it you want to. I have a friend at home that has to check hers, but not take meds. for it. and she keeps it under control just by what she eats. good luck and I am real pleased for you. hugs, denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you bringing down your cholesterol? I'd love to know what changes you have made in your diet. :-) That's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like good news to me. Think everything is looking real positive. Watch that blood sugar, or join the millions of us with type II. rich

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,