Friday, July 1, 2005

something to do




Today is going to be a busy day! I will fill you in on it later. Right now I want to talk to you about something important. Here in the States we will be celebrating the Fourth of July this weekend. That means a lot of loud noises, cookouts, family get-togethers, drinking and just having a good ole time. It is also a time when there are a lot of accidents. The blood bank near you needs help. A lot of blood and plasma is usually used during this time and the blood supply will run low. Help save a life and go give blood today. It could save the life of someone you know. I will be doing my part today. I am going this morning to give blood.



9 comments:

  1. Well, I cannot help Celeste but a great thing to post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the truth! :) Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless You.                     C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I`m not allowed to give blood but  I would if I could.  Jim has been doing it for years now.  Have a lovely weekend  :-)

    Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't give anymore, because of my diabetes, BUT, I would if I could and admire you for what you're doing. rich

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know Celeste, that is one thing that does not cost a dime to do and you are right, the blood banks are low now...I admire you for going to give blood...I use to give everytime they came around but I can't now.
    Carlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you give blood, think of the person who is asking the long list of questions, and the one who is drawing the blood. What you are doing is a noble and needed contribution.

    The people who work for The Red Cross are just like many of you though. They work for a corporation that can insufferable to their employees at times. Those professional need smiles and thanks too!

    Bless you all who continue to give, and to those who recognize the work that is done by the "on the front" workers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for sharing....i will definitely do yhis the next time i am in austin...courtenay

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a great sentiment and much needed. Unfortunately, since I am of the homosexual persuasion, they won't take mine. Oh well. I do what I can to save lives. Great and timely entry.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,