Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Part 2

Well on with my story. We got to Pat's sister's house and went in their house.  I was shocked when I walked in their house. It smelled like a kennel. Come to find out that they have 2 large dogs that live in the house, dogs that do not get regular baths. Not only that, Pat and I do not smoke and they did....like smoke stacks. Pat and I were tired and hungry. So we went back to town and got some food to go at a Chinese place. We decided to stay in town at a motel rather than go back to the house. The decision was made because, I am afraid of large dogs and these were not friendly dogs. They were not willing to allow the dogs to sleep on the enclosed porch or the very large laundry room(which was the largest room in the house). So it really made our decision easy. Next morning we get a call bright and early to come out to the house. hazel's stuff was packed and we got busy loading the truck. Finally we got that done and off we go. We had to stop by the bank and get her money, which started another triade. V. gave Hazel the money and first thing she started gripping. She was complaining that there was not enough money. What she refuses to realize is that V had to catch up all the bills. The daughter that was staying with her before she left had not paid any of the bills. She was pocketing the money and spending it on drugs and stuff. Hazel was insisting that the bills had been paid. The bills totaled 100's of dollars, in addition to paying several hundred dollars for medicine. So now we are off on a long trip on a really good note.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a soap opera.  I'll stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, oh...it may be a REALLY long trip...JAE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is your MIL going to live with you? Oh boy, those long road trips can get hairy especially on the last few hours. Everybody get tired and cranky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could not have stayed in the smoke. I would not been able to breath the next morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don`t smoke either and I can`t bear the smell.  Any smoker who visit`s always smokes outside!  I don`t blame you with the dogs, we have Jake our lab, but he is very clean and friendly.  I couldn`t stay with those dogs!

    Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy, am I glad you had some pleasure on the way up!  lol - Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can not breath when there is a lot of smoke around...so there is a no smoking sign on my front door.
    Hope everything works out for the best Celeste. I think you are very sweet, helping your mil out like you are doing....
    Carlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. After reading these comments, I have to wonder.  Who needs a "no smoking" sign?  I mean, I'm a smoker, but sheesh!  Would I ever walk into someone else's home and light up? NOT!  I don't even smoke in my OWN house!  To visit someone's home and light a cigarette, that's just RUDE! It's like walking into someone's home and ripping off a big fart.  Sorry, but the idea is the same.  If your friends/family can't have basic social skills, lock them out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bet you got a better nights sleep in the motel then you would have with the dogs and smoke. I know I would have. Hope things are going good for you, Paula

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,