Thursday, July 28, 2005

fun day

I have been sort of busy today. This morning I did my grocery shopping at 6am. After getting back home and getting the stuff put up, I opened up my new coffe pot. Ijust do not understand this things. I had one for 12 years and it quit on me all at once. I bought another one at Christmas time. Well the other day IT quit on me! I could not go another day. The microwave just does not heat the water right for a cup of tea! Ater breakfast, Pat, Brook and I went and picked up his mama to take her to see the surgeon about that place on her arm. He feels that it could possibly be something has gotten in her (like a splinter) and just festered up. He said it is possible that it is a cancer on her arm, a squamous cell cancer. This is a type of cancer that rarely spreads to other parts of the body. Anyway she is to have surgery next Wednesday. He is fairly certain that he will not have to do a skin graft. She does have a lot of loose skin on her arm. It is paper thin. Monday I need to take her to get her pre-testing done. He told her to lay off the smoking for now. HA! The first thing she did when we were out of the hospital was to light up.
On to a better subject. Krystal! We ate Krystals for lunch. I love those little gutbuster hamburgers! LOL! After lunch we went to hair cutter and Brook and Pat got their hair cut. Brook's hair is short and sassy now!
Now for good news, Belle is still in the fence! I am so glad! I was so tired of having a horse in my front yard.
This afternoon Brook and I went to Walmart to shop for school supplies. Today was the first day for tax free school supplies. Clothes under $100 , computers under $1500 and stuff foe school are tax free. Our tax rate is 7%. Now that is a lot if you are buying a lot of stuff. I wish I could get her more clothes than I did. I only got her 2 outfits. Some of her old clothes still fit. She is going thru a growth spurt so there is no way that I want to get her clothes she will outgrow in a short time.
After that we went to Taco Bell. I think that is one of Brook's favorite place to eat! LOL. Next on we went to TaeKwonDo. Now home and she is playing with her school stuff. She is excited to start school.
Off to the  games! Hope everyone had a good day.

12 comments:

  1. We will be doing the same this w/end.  Mine start the 8th!  Why oh why can't I ever remember the tax free w/end?  C.  http://journals.aol.com/thedailies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I don't have to buy school stuff!! lOL
    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s.
    Sounds like you and Brook had a great day!
    Carlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad I no longer have to worry about school clothes!
    Carlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of Krystals. School shopping....ah the memories --mostly bad. : )
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope all goes well when the surgeon takes care of that thing on Pat's mother's arm.  It sounds like you had a very full day.  I don't know why they are building the coffepots to fail so quickly these days.  My experience mirrors yours with the new electric coffee machines.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot goings on!  I hope the news is good for your MIL; how great that Brook is looking forward to the start of school!  I heard of this "tax free" stuff on another journal...I have never heard of that happening around here!!!  What a deal!!!  Are we going to get to see Brook's haircut?  JAE

    ReplyDelete
  8. grocery shopping at 6am?    GOD isn't even up at 6am!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never knew anyone went grocery shopping at 6am.  
    ~Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  10. It would be nice to have a Walmart in England.  I`ve been there when we were on holiday in Florida and was very impressed! :-)

    Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a tea kettle/pot for tea water, nothing else will do, nothing.  

    Do you mind telling me what size Brook wears?  My daughter has so much nice stuff, some she outgrows without ever wearing it.  My husband has a shopping problem when it comes to the girl.  I have tried to break it, because I just hate it, but I have not been able to do it.

    Good thing about Belle, every time I read about her I am worried for her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "The microwave just does not heat the water right for a cup of tea"

    There are these objects, I know that they're ancient and all but, they still work. THEY ARE CALLED TEA KETTELS! Adios Mio, you really can't be serious about being so damn lazy that you can't boil a pot of water? <grumbling about the state of the American public>

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,