Saturday, July 30, 2005

quickie

Just a quick note. MIL is here this weekend.

Saw the cutest thing today. Patches, my goat was on the roof of the barn! He climbed up on the boat and jumped on it. By the time I got out there with my camera he was down :-(

Made a batch of squash casserole today. I used squash, bell pepper and onion  from my garden. Candiac and I are the only ones that will eat it, so I made it in muffin pans! I then freeze each cup. When we want some all we have to do is take it out and pop it in the microwave and reheat it. LOL I do meatloaf the same way.

Well gotta go. She is gripping that I am always on the computer. 5 minutes and she grips. Pat is not home yet so I have not had a break today. SOON!!!!

13 comments:

  1. geez, may I say .... what a wench
    ~Julie
    meatloaf in a muffin tin??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to miss a photo opportunity like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea to put meatloaf in muffin tins.  I'll certainly try that.  
    Thanks for the idea.
    ~Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hon'...I would tell you to come hide here...but mine is in town this w/end too.  I love squash casserole.  I never thought about freezing individual portions though.  Good idea.  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWW that would have made the cutest picture! Keep your camera on ready just in case he decides to do it again!
    Great cooking tip! Hadn't thought of that!
    Carlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are truly a good DIL-perhaps better than she deserves. I do know that we get back what we give out, somehow, in some way, and you are blessed. Margo

    ReplyDelete
  7. PLEASE!
    Share your recipe. Sounds so good, but I cannot imagine how you make it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. a goat on the roof?    SOUNDS LIKE THE OPENING LINE FROM THAT 'MOTHER-ON-THE-ROOF' JOKE.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish you had gotten a picture!!!  Yummy-sounding casserole!  I LOVE veggies, especially squash!!!  JAE

    ReplyDelete
  10. That would have been a cute picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would have loved to have seen that goat on the roof, LOL!  Now, the muffin pan tip is a great one.  Good luck with the MIL, sounds like she can be a little trying.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  12. You cook the best stuff!  Great idea to use the muffin pans that way.  Good to see you're doing well this summer.  BTW, read that entry where you went grocery shopping at 6 a.m.  Whew!  Never in this world, not me, uh unh.  

    ReplyDelete
  13. How does one pronounce "Candiac"? It looks like it should be kan'-dee-ack.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,