Monday, June 14, 2004

Riding around

I just had the best time! I bush hogged the front field. For those of you that do not know bushhogging is cutting with a big mower on the back of a tractor. I had so much fun. I love getting out there and riding on the tractor. i find it so very relaxing. It has been 3 years since I have been allowed to ride the tractor. After breaking my back my hunny was afraid for me to. Now that I am pain free for the most part and I have proven that I can do things again and do know how to limit myself he is willing and ready to allow me to run the tractor again.

This is a Farmall International Model C. It was made in the early 1950's. Notice the front tires. It is called a tricycle model.

 

This is a Bushhog. It has a 5 foot cutting span. It will cut down small trees and other brush. it will also chop you to pieces if you fall off the tractor and it runs over you.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that's great.  It actually does look like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats funny as heck Celeste, I would love to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow neat pics. I am glad you are better that was scarry I bet hurting your back. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love riding tractors and going for hay rides. Tractor pulls are great fun too. Went to one a few years back that was being hosted by some Amish folks. They had some great food.

    http://edit.journals.aol.com/fuzzypanda68/ItsmyLife

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE to drive tractors.  I found a breeder of Medicine Hats who wants to know how much you are wanting for your filly. Is it okay to pass your name along?
    love, Kas

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had the best time! I bush hogged the front field. For those of you that do not know bushhogging is cutting with a big mower on the back of a tractor. I had so much fun. I love getting out there and riding on the tractor. i find it so very relaxing. It has been 3 years since I have been allowed to ride the tractor. After breaking my back my hunny was afraid for me to. Now that I am pain free for the most part and I have proven that I can do things again and do know how to limit myself he is willing and ready to allow me to run the tractor again.

    Hey this takes me back to my teenage days when i worked on a local farm.We had 3 tractors. i used to love driving em.Mucking the cows out was made more pleasurable by the fact i could go driving the tractor with a muck spreader on the back.during hay making i got the job of turning the hay with a swaith turner mounted on the back and a couple of days later it was the Wufflers turn to be hooked up to the back.this machine was used to shake the hay.I never got to use the mower or the bailer,but i did get to tow a trailer full of hay bails from the fields to the barn.I really enjoyed my days on the farm and driving the tractors gave me the knowledge needed to drive a car.Happy days. thanks so much for allowing me the chance to take a trip down memory lane

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,