Monday, January 31, 2005

I am disgusted

I am angry and disgusted.

A horror struck my little town almost 3 years ago. Over 330 bodies were found at the site of a crematorium. These bodies were dumped in various places, stacked up, leaning against trees, in refriderators, among other things. The operator and owner, Brent Marsh, instead of cremating the bodies would just stack the body someplace and send wood ashes or other burnt material in place of the departed one's ashes. Walker county and the state of Georgia spent over 10 million dollars cleaning up his mess. Today he recieved his sentence of 12 years in prision, of which he will only serve 3. He also has to pay a $25,000 fine, be on probation for 75 years and repay Georgia 8 million dollars. He had the gall to stand up in court and say "I am sorry but my family is suffering too." I say SO WHAT?!!! He took a plea agreement to keep the rest of his family from being charged too. You cannot tell me that they knew nothing of it. THEY LIVED THERE TOO!. The crematory was not that far away from the house they lived in. You could see it from their door. There were bodies everywhere. Some buried, but most were not. There were coffins around that had bodies in them. There were sheds with bodies in them. Over 330 bodies. Not all were identified. Today there are still bodies or skeletal remains that cannot be id'ed.

 

10 comments:

  1.    OMG!!!
    *** Coy ***

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG.........I didn't realize that this happened in your town...we have been keeping up with the news we hear about it........it was so horrible, something straight out of hell, and they only gave him 12 years. The whole danm family that lived there should have been imprisoned. You know they had to know about it. It is so sickening, and if it had been one of my family members, he would have been begging them to put him behind bars for life.It makes me sick to  know that tax money paid for the cleanup and tax money will feed that sorry good-for-nothing, and give him better medical treatment than I can get for myself or my husband.
    There is a HIGHER JUDGE  he will have to face someday, and I sure wouldn't want to be in his shoes.
    Carlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celeste, I didn't realize you lived close to where this happened.  I remember being haunted by the idea of what all those families must have endured and are still enduring.  There truly are few crimes to rival this--we had a similar case in Toledo, which is near us.  But it was not 330 bodies.  I would be devastated if the body of someone I love were treated with such disdain.  I also saw on the news where the person responsible got 12 years, and I thought that was not enough to atone for the suffering he has caused.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember this story. 3 years. What a joke.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, has it been three years?  It seems like yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how absolutely awful.  This was shocking to read.  He should have got a longer sentence and all those poor families of the deceased.  It does not bear thinking about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our justice system is so screwed up. I share your disgust on this whole issue. rich

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember hearing about that on the news.  I would have thought his sentence would have been longer.  That's not right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, we have watched this on the news. Must have been such a shock to you people who live there. It is so hard to realize something like this can go on and not be noticed. Paula

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember hearing about that. Can't believe he got off so easy. It doesn't make a lick of sense.

    Lahoma

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,