Thursday, January 20, 2005

Things are happening




Things are starting to happen around here! First of all, our cockatiels have been named. The boy recieved the name of Chip. He cocks his head and mutters when I call him that. The girl is named Peaches, in honor of another Peaches that has recently crossed over.Well back to the things. I did not think that our 2 sweetie pies liked each other. I could not have been more wrong! Today Chip decided that he had had enough of beaking and hopped on top! I will not get graphic but I AM GLAD I AM NOT A BIRD!!!!! LOL

We are thawing out today. That will only last today and maybe tomorrow. I doubt it. The wind is blowing and that only means trouble! The predicition is that we may have some snow by this weekend. We will see. Apparently we are to be sandwiched in-between two snowstorms. Oh dear, I am not being a true southerner. I am not running off to the store to stock up on groceries. I will go buy another bag of birdseed though. I have gone thru a lot since the cold has been here. I also need another suet cake.
Watched a few minutes of the Presidential thing. I find it a gross waste of money. I guess that is what all lame ducks do. There I said it. GWB is a lame duck. There is no getting around it. If you were for him, I am sorry. If you are not for him, you can start counting down now.
Now for some good news. A really great journal has made the Editors Pick. Ramblin Man I enjoy the straight shooting style that this man has. He is not afraid to say what he wants. He posts pictures but no graphics or backgrounds. It is a barebone  journal that gets right to it. Congratulations Rich. You deserve it.
That's it for now. Brook has arrived home and she wants a snack. See everybody later!




5 comments:

  1. The breeding can be a bit aggresive. It'll be all right. Provided you don't see them like attacking each other to the point of injury no reasons to seperate them.  :)
    -Dawn-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just remembered I was gonna send you some names! Geez, this old age sucks, sometimes. So glad we both feel the same way about GW. Also, appreciate your kind words. The Rambler, ain't to old to accept an occasional "atta boy". Thanx. I must confess, I'm having a hard time reading your journal, with the small letters on the background. I think just going up to 14, shpuld help. Probably just my old eyes. rich

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THE NAMES! I WITH U ON THE WASTED MONEY TOO.
    CARLENE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am counting the days now until GWB goes back to Texas.  LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME
    DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME
    DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME
    DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME
    DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME
    DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME DUCK, LAME
    DUCK.  

    ReplyDelete
  5. According to NPR and other news sources, the Feds refused to pay for much of the Inaugural Festivities and insisted that the city of Washington D.C. (a city filled with poverty, schools in disrepair, and a severe lack of health care) pick up much of the tab. Shameful.

    What a kind and thoughtful prompt for us to head on over and check out Rich's Ramblin Man.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,