Friday, December 17, 2004

today



     Tonight is the Christmas party at Brook's TaeKwonDo. I am making Teriyaki chicken wings to take to it. I slow cooked them in the crock pot all day and now I have them in the oven crispy them up some. My house smells so good now! A big change from this morning . I burned a pot of raisins. YUCK!!!!

      I made Brook mad at me. I am a mean Mamaw again. All I did was tell her to take the garbage out. For some reason she hates to do that. All she has to do is walk down the steps. The can is right there! GEEZEEE

       I made some Brown Sugar fudge last night1 I think between me and Pat we ate half the pan! I am going to be big as a barrel by the time I get thru the holidays! Oh well. I am half way there now.

     On a brighter note.... well maybe not............... Brook is out of school until the 5th of Jan. I hope I can survive that long! The weather had better stay good so she can go outside and play.

        Brook's Papaw gave her some money this morning so she could buy something from the Santa Shoppe at school. She bought me a Christmas Angel for my tree.   Isn't it adorable? She sure was nice to this mean ole Mamaw.

   Well I need to get busy. It is almosttime to go and I think she is asleep!


10 comments:

  1. Oh good, somebody besides me and my granddaughter Monica like brown sugar fudge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMM, I LOVE BROWN SUGAR FUGE. I AM GONNA MAKE SOME DIVINITY THIS WEEKEND, SOME CHOCOLATE WHITE CHUNK COOKIES, MAYBE WITH MACADAMIA NUTS........THEN I AM ALSO GONNA MAKE SOME PEANUT BRITTLE. I LOVE EATING ALL THIS STUFF AROUND THE HOLIDAYS, LOL! I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT BECOMING AS BIG AS A BARREL, LOL!
    THAT ORNAMENT THAT BROOK GOT YOU IS ADORABLE, AND YES, SHE SURE WAS NICE TO HER MEAN OLE MAMAW!
    WHAT BELT IS BROOK UP TO NOW IN TAE KWONDO? THATS SO NICE THAT YOU STAY SO INVOLVED WITH THIS FOR HER. YOU KNOW SHE JUST LOVES THAT. :)
    KIM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. brown sugar fudge! sounds good! But so do the wings!!!lol
    Why do kids hate to do the simplest of chores?lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my journal. Yours is great.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww   cute Christmas angel     Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like Brook is quite a character!  Hope you had a nice time at the Christmas party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do not worry about weight gain....enjoy good food and good company...that is what is so special about holidays.....
    Ellie
    http://journals.aol.com/jibaro6543/ELLIESCRAZYLIFE/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummm I can smell that chicken cooking from here. So nice of you to take an interest for her. Paula

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do you make Brown Sugar fudge?  I've never heard of it?  Is it chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  10. First off, thanks for visiting my journal and leaving a treasured comment. My niece was in TaeKwon Do and LVOED it! Unfortunately the studio where she lived was limited and she soon gained skills beyond the sensei. Then the place closed and she moved on to other interests. I enjoyed watching her take part in the activities. ... Mmmmm yummy Teriyaki chicken! Loven t way over here.

    Something about the actual act of taking out the GARBAGE that riles many people. A survey once done by a sociologist found that the #1 chore hated by children regardless of age and gender and location (rural VS urban) was... you guessed it taking out the garbage. They thought it was demeaning ... not as demeaning a living with it in the house.

    Lovely angel, glad you shared a photo of it. See she still loves her mean ol Mamaw.

    COme on over when you're feeling up to it, I have new entry you  imght enjoy. Happy Holidays.

    http://journals.aol.com/madmanadhd/ConfessionsofaMadmanInsightsinto/entries/775

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,