Tuesday, January 3, 2006

just a few things here and there.

It is the new year, 2006. I think I am ready for it. I better be since it is here.

Pat and I went out to eat New Year's Eve and then came home. No way were we going to be away from home when midnight rolled around. The ball dropped and we kissed. After that we were both ready to fall asleep!. I opened the door to put the cat out and guess what I saw? A possum! A huge grandfather size possum! It was bigger that 2 of my biggest cats put together. Just walking along like he belonged ON MY PORCH! I called Pat and told him and that big ole possum skittered away! 

Next day dawned bright. a new day, a new month, a new year, 2006. Woke up with a sore throat and decided not to go to church and expose anybody. We have 3 ladies in my class that are undergoing chemo and/or radiation so they do not need the germs.

Stuck my finger ( much fun) and then took my meds and fixed breakfast for Pat and me. Got my blackeyed peas started and then just played a few games with Pat on the computer. After a bit when it warmed up some we got the horses out and rode. What fun that was! Precious has finally lost weight and I had to shortened her cinch. I still have a problem with her. She is round! The saddle slips on her no matter how tight I make it! She gave me a dream ride. Got right up into a rack and man it was smooth! Crystal gave Pat a bit of trouble. She was spooking at everything!

After that, we put the horses up and I went back inside while Pat did a few things outside( like put some hay in the tack room for me). I finished our lunch of hoppin john and cornbread. Ever had any Hoppin John? It is Blackeyed peas cooked with rice, diced tomatoes and chili peppers. It was so good! Ate lunch, then hopped on the motorcycle for a ride. If you have a bike you have to ride it on New Years Day. Just took a short ride but we had to take one!

Afterwards we went to the store and I got some great buys. I bought chicken and beef broth for 20 cents a can, cranberry sauce 50 cents, white chocolate chips 75 cents, but no pumpkin! Last year I got pumpkin. O well.

Pat and I went yesterday and picked up a new dog. It was going to be put in the pound so we decided to adopt it. It is a collie mix. He is a small dog. His head comes to my knees when he is sitting. He is very hyper right now. Around a year old and has never been off of a chain since he was 3 months old. We have a dog pen that we are keeping him in. i turned him loose this morning and he ran around in circles, barking at everything that moved. The cats are in hiding so he has yet to meet one of them face to face. I am hoping that they get along. Over time I will be able to let him run loose and just put him up at night.

Pat is off to work and now I must get cleaning and cooking. Kids are hungry and I am too.

11 comments:

  1. Hey I think a possum on your porch is agood omen lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...I just realized my hubby and I didnt kiss at midnight! We were sound asleep.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely, busy New Year's Day! I'd say tha new dog just lucked out-What is his name? Margo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a sheltie they look like collies but smaller...She barks a lot.. They are protectors and herders...She always herds the kids or the cats indoors..It's quite funny
    Donna In TEXAs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your dog!  I've never had Hoppin' John, but it sounds really good, so I'll have to try it!  (I love black-eyed peas!)  Did the possum see it's shadow :) ?  I wonder what it means to see a possum (a live one) on New Year's Day!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Celeste what a lovely New Years day you and Pat shared together..... I hope every day in 2006 are as happy....Your small dog will I know now have a lovely life - and will enjoy his freedom off a chain...hope your sore throat soon gets better...take care Ally

    ReplyDelete
  7. Celeste what a lovely New Years day you and Pat shared together..... I hope every day in 2006 are as happy....Your small dog will I know now have a lovely life - and will enjoy his freedom off a chain...hope your sore throat soon gets better...take care Ally

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never had Hoppin John, sounds really good. Please share the recipe. Sounds like your New Year started out great. Hope your new family member gives you much joy. Glad he found a new home with you.    ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL Hey a possum has to go somewhere on New Years eve!!! lol
    What is the new pup's name? I am so happy that yall adopted him....bless his heart, he got a home for New Years!
    Glad you and Pat had a good day together.
    love ya,
    Carlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like you had a good day
    Terrie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Guess you got the New Year off to a good start! rich

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,