Monday, June 20, 2005

yesterday

We had a quiet day yesterday. The girls had spent the night elsewhere and we slept in. I am not used to that. It has been so long since I slept that late that I was at ends all morning. I got breakfast cooked and then we did a bit of stuff outside. Rode the mower some and tilled in the garden some. Pat fiddle farted around looking at stuff. He was supposed to be changing the grinder wheel but that never happened. He was also supposed to be putting a new alternator on the tractor, but that did not happen either. It was his day so I did not nag him about it. The girls came home around 6 and Candiac grilled some steaks that she had bought for Pat's Father's Day dinner. After dinner, we all went down in the garden and planted some okra. Afterwards, I tilled some more. Pat and I then walked around a bit looking over things. We looked at all the pink fluffy clouds in the sky. It was strange,one large pink cloud looked like it was blurry and out of focus. Pat noticed it and made a comment on it. To me it looked like someone made a goof and tried to edit it but all they did was smudge it. So there was this very large pink smudge in the sky. Pat turns to me and asked,"Do you really like it here?" I looked around at all the stuff that needed doing. I looked at all that we had. I thought of what I wanted to have and what I wanted it to look like. I looked at what we have and what it looked like.  I could honestly answer him that I could not imagine living anywhere else. This is home. As the darkness settled around us we went back inside. In front of the computer screen was a gift. Pat saw it and just like a little boy bounced over to unwrap it. Inside were the set of foglights that he wanted. His eyes lit up so bright that if there had been any fog he would not have needed lights! So ended a quiet and peaceful Father's Day.

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day. Margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no place like home. I am glad you two had such a nice day. Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. IM GLADE YOU BOTH HAD A GOOD DAY. THIS IS A GOOD AREA TO LIVE. MAYBE ONE DAY YOU WILL GET DONE ALL YOU WONT TO DO

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I read words like "changing the grinder wheel" and "putting a new alternator on the tractor" and "went down in the garden and planted some okra" I realize that there are so many different people in the world. To me, you live an alien life. It's not that I am making fun or anything like that, it's just that my life is so different I feel like I am reading about another world.
    Which is why I am so glad to have found your journal. It's great getting to know so many varied and wonderful people.  

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww...that was so sweet!!! You are so good to your family! Glad yall had a good day!
    CArlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. A TIP! WHEN YOU WASH YOUR OKRA HAVE A LARGE TERRY CLOTH TOWEL ON THE COUNTER LAY THEM OUT ON TOWELL ...LET THEM COMPLETELY AIR DRY
    IN HOT PEANUT OIL FRY THINLY SLICED DISCS THE SIZE OF A DIME....THERE WILL BE NO SLIME...TOSS THESE ON TO A PAPER TOWEL AND SPRINKLE GARLIC SALT OVER THEM...FRY THE NEXT BATCH REPEATING
    WHEN FINISHED CLEAN SKILLET THOROUGHLY
    MELT BUTTER PUT IN 1 TBSP OF PEANUT OIL ...KEEPS BUTTER FROM BURNING...SAUTE ONE ONION SLICED AND CHOPPED...2 MINUTES WITH ONE NINCED GARLIC BUTTON
    ADD THREE FRESH SLICED AND CHOPPED TOMATOES; SEASON WITH GARLIC SALT AND PEPPER ADD OKRA STIR IN; SERVE OVER RICE...NO SLIME! CMP

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,