Monday, June 27, 2005

HI

Pat says thank you for all the notes of concern. His eye feels much better today. It appears to be healing well.

I forgot to mention that Thursday Brook had to get another cast. This time she picked pink. Her cast broke and was slipping on her arm. Did I tell you that she had 4 breaks in her left wrist and 2 in her right?

She passed her belt test. She is now a blue belt. He did make concessions. She did not have to actually throw her opponent just go thru the motions.

My garden is starting to produce food now. I have little yellow squash and green tomatoes. The corn is knee high and beans and okra plants are all over the place. Lets see, I have 4 rows of corn, 2 rows of okra, 2 of green beans, 2 of crowder peas, and 1 of lima beans. The rows are all 100 feet long. I also have a watermelon plant. Hopefully I will have some late season melons.

I have been reading all of the one word descriptions of me and I was speechless. I want to thank each and everyone that responded. I have made a list of all the words and have placed it where I will always see them. They are very encouraging.

I am off to check journals. I am reading even if I do not comment everytime.

13 comments:

  1. Glad Pat is better, and I hope Brooke is too.  Have fun in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wtg Brooke! But take it easy on those casts!
    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad all is going well for everyone at your house!  - Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to hear that Pat's eye is better. Bless her heart, Brook is a little trooper isn't she? Way to go Brook!!!!
    WHat kind of watermelons did you plant? Yellow or red? You can't hardly find the yellow ones anymore.
    Carlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. When Brett broke his leg, he had a "walking cast" and wore thru the heal of it.  I called in, since it was only a week until it was supposed to come off.  The Dr said "no, we must put another one on for the week."  We took him in, on the way to the mall.  They took the worn one off, took an Xray, and proclaimed "he doesn't need it, he's healed!"  Yeah, they said it like it was good news.  It WAS good news, except that I went to the mall with a kid wearing ONE shoe, and hobbling after being used to walking on a cast.  Sheesh!  Injuries are SUCH fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brook has been trying out a lot of different colors. Good for her. Paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. Curious.. I've never planted onions before? Have you?How does one do that? Plant the onion itself when it has the green sprouting going on? I have a perfect Vidalia for that.. lol*
    Sounds like you've got one great garden going on there! :) Mel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad that everything is improving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear Pat's eye is getting better.  I wear contacts and this has happened to me before.  It's not fun!  Your garden sounds great.  I love fried green tomotoes!  I used to help my Father with his garden while he was still alive.  No room for me to have one here.  Congrats to Brook on her belt test!
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to Brook ...again.  I didn`t realise she had all those breaks.  She has done really well despite her arms in plaster.  I`m so glad Pat`s eye is feeling better now :-)

    Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrads to Brook on her blue belt. I cant belive she has that many breaks och!  I'm glade your gardens going well. We finley got some rain. Terrie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh...fresh veggies! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, Brook!  Way to go!!!  And, I am very proud of your garden, too!  I want to learn to do all that, someday, too!  But, I need a yard, first!!!  JAE

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,