Wednesday, January 3, 2007

hungry and sore

I am sore today. Not as bad as I thought I would be. I must not be as out of shape as I thought I was! Last night went very well. It was a solid hour of movement. We started out with some stretching exercises. After that we proceeded to punching and kicking. We learned some blocking techniques and then did some active defense moves. One was really fun. I got to practice with a black belt. I blocked his punch , punched his nose and slammed his face into my knee. LOL Over and over again until I felt like I could not move another muscle. OOPS I left out one very nice part of it all. I got a massage from Master Lee! The man has wonderful hands! They are very strong and he does know how to work the muscles. It would be really nice if that is to be part of the lessons every time!!!
 Today I have done good. I walked for 30 minutes and did stretching and strength exercises. I have kept my calorie count to under 1000 so far today. I will eat about 500 more in a few minutes. I am not about to starve myself! I will have to refrain from daily weigh ins. The scales do not show a drop in weight yet. 
Pat brought me an old milk crate to fix for the chickens to lay their eggs in. I am not getting any yet but I hope to!
Pup our black lab mix is hurt. It looks as if he has been shot with a pellet gun and he is limping. He barely places his front leg down. He disappeared 2 days ago and this is how he showed back up. He is such a gentle dog. Will not jump on you or anything. He does not chase cars or chew up stuff. He does not bark unless there is something out there that is not supposed to be there. He does tend to wander off sometimes. I hope he will be alright. He is eating which is a good sign.  I may have to get him some antibiotics from the feed store. They sell injectable penicillin  there.
So far winter has not really been here. We have had a few cold days but not right now. It is supposed to be in the 70's this week! This is not normal for January!
Time to eat and then some games after I get laundry folded. See yall later.

14 comments:

  1. aweeee poor pup , hope hes ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good workout.  Sorry about the doggie. I hope he's ok.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. your class sounds like a great thing, you get to learn how to defend yourself and get to move around for all that time. and a massage too. now that is the life. I sure hope your dog is ok. I love my crazy dog just like she is one of the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your dog...keep up the good work on your work out...I love fresh eggs!  Big hugs,TerryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a great workout! I hope Pup will be OK :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope pup will be ok and he wasn't shot.  That's sad that someone would do that to an animal but I know it happens.  Your work out sounds good.  Keep up the good work.  It'll pay off I just know it.
    Nelishia
    http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/WISHINGANDHOPING/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow..you're really working hard.  Good for you.  Just a word of warning...sometimes you hurt a bit more on the 2nd day than the first.  Let those muscles recover.

    Your poor dog.  I hope that he'll be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Celeste, I wouldn't want to get in a fight with you! lol Don't reckon Pup got in a steel trap do you? Or maybe a briar in his paw?
    Take care and please don't practice those moves on Pat!!!lol
    love ya,
    carlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with this class, Celeste.  I admire you for making this effort to get back into shape and lose weight.  You may feel sore for a while, but that will pass.  The long term benefits of what you are doing will not pass and will serve you well.  Sorry your Pup is hurt.  I hope it turns out to be something different than him getting shot.  
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your commitment and willpower.
    Definately going to see alot of results as you persevere.

    A little 'wisdom' I learned from working in a women's health spa
    for more than 2 years:
     "you have to keep eating to loose weight".
    If your body at all senses you are in 'starvation-mode'
       it shuts down all avenues of loosing your body's store of life
         saving food.  The body will save your fat to save your life.
    (read: Covert Bailey's FIT OR FAT).

    When I want to loose weight, this truth is so ingrained into me
    The thought that stays in my mind... I've got to keep eating to
    keep losing weight. What am I going to eat next? *

    *negative calorie items = items that use more calories to digest
         than they contain

    raw broccoli, cabbage, lettuce, carrots, celery....

    ewww the taste!
    yeah, who cares? This is WAR - my tastebuds
    are guilty in getting me into wanting to loose weight in the first
    place
      - "SO TAKE THAT, TASTEBUDS!" as I take another big
    bite of raw broccoli!

    although, I eat vegetables steamed and in soup form, too-
    the raw items are just to keep the 'burn' going.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. awwww, I hope your dog gets better asap. Sometimes people are just plain cruel for no reason-grrrr

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I'm impressed, especially the class. Keep up the good work. You'll be seeing results soon. Margo

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds like a lot of fun (especially the massage!).  Keep us posted on what you're learning.  It's been way too warm here, too.  I hope we do actually have a little winter weather before spring.
    Lori
    http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/DustyPages

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did a moderate aerobics class once.  Once.  I literally could not even get on an escalator the next day.  It was like a train hit me.  Full on.  I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,