Saturday, November 25, 2006

the season has begun

The season has begun. The day after everybody has stuffed their face, buggies were stuffed. Did I go? Yep, I sure did. My first ever foray into the shopping world of BLACK FRIDAY. Yes , first time. Until yesterday I was a virgin of after Thanksgiving shopping. I thought to myself that I would give it a try just this once. Shopping started at 5am. 4:30 I was pulling into the parking lot. After finding a space 2 miles away(just kidding it was halfway down the row in front of the door), I walked into the store. There I was greeted by no buggies in the store but I was smart, I brought one in that I had found in the parking lot. I walked around the store looking for the coveted things I wanted and I few I did not know I wanted. Many things were wrapped in black plastic waiting for the time to reach 5 am. People were standing around with their hands on the items they wanted. Aisles were blocked bit amazing people would move if you said excuse me. I asked myself where something was and because I spoke out loud I was answered by 2 different people. Surprised me that anyone would be considerate at all. I have heard so many horror tales of what happens! % am came and the wraps come off and hands go to reaching. Around the store I went getting the items I wanted. Some people were walking out with handfulls of things Some had buggies piled to the ceiling with big items. People were in lines for high ticket items, some for hours. I did get everything I wanted with the exception on 1 item. I was going to get a computer for $148 but there was only 10 of them and they had 20 people with hands on them! I think I bought more for me than I did for anybody else! I walked up to the register with 1 buggy (that I had rearranged several times) and walked out with 2 buggies! I also walked out with a much lighter pocket book.

So what did you do on BLACK FRIDAY?

17 comments:

  1. i slept in and then stayed home all day. margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stayed at home and played on the pc, cleaned some, and had a parade of people come through all day.  Then I went to the feedstore, late in the evening.  Leading to one of my few rants.  LOL  -  Glad you weren't crushed or mugged!  Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got some shopping done.  I stayed home mostly.  Went and did a LITTLE shopping but nothing much.  Then...UP with the Xmas lights!  LOL!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welllllllllllllllllllll......after a nice breakfast....dau, gdau, and two friends and I went shopping....there was a new store opening at Hamburg Mall..called Gordman"s.....(an outdoor mall...not enclosed)....and we did ok at the new store....we didn't get out shopping until after twelve...so most folks had already gone home LOL...stores were busy...but not crammed....and I bought a new digital camera and printer at Circuit City....and actually got 99 per cent of my christmas shopping finished....when kids go back to school next week will do wrapping...and then into the attic....and get the folks in Florida in  the mail...and just maybe....just maybe I will get my Christmas cards out before the 15th of January LOL....Happy day....hugs from KY...Ora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two years ago I started doing Black Friday..this year Carlie was sick and I have been down with my arm so I skipped...they drew names for the first time in my family so ....I thought...better to catch up on some rest and baby myself after an almost all nighter with Carlie being sick...glad you had your day..it is fun...something to look forward to and do...Hugs,TerryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I performed in Mortimer's Cafe at the Studio Six and made a ton of moolah!  Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rode Blue and played with the granddaughters so hard that I couldn't even stay awake to watch TV past 8.  I went out on Black Friday once in my life, with my daughter, and actually had a blast just people-watching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are brave! I cleaned house after Thanksgiving Dinner, went for a short trail ride and then deer hunted in the evening.

    glad you got some things you wanted and got out of there okay:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a fever...lol
    but I was supose to be working

    ReplyDelete
  10. I worked all day :(  The frown will disappear when I get my check, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never been....I hate shopping...Ebay is my only option...I did do this Meier and Frank once a year sale....but only one time...I was out there at 3 am and I think that there were three people ahead of me..we talked...laughed...told our stories...I was waiting for the bread maker...only ten of those..by the time they opened the doors the line was around the block...people shoved...and I just thought..heck, I am too tired to want it anymore...lol...I was able to get one but wow was it crazy....I could try Black Friday one day....although I think I need courage for it..lol...sounds like your experience was wonderful...thats great...and hey, nothing wrong with some high-five gifts for you missy...we have to do that for ourselves too.......At least your probably near done...thats gotta make the holidays more calmer...-Raven

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are brave....I did ONE black friday years ago and did not find it worth it...at least for me. I think I will try the online shopping gang this year...no people to deal with.
    Hope your weekend is great!!!
    Peace
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I stayed home and cleaned the attic!  LOL.  

    ReplyDelete
  14. I went for a long with in a local park with a friend.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. A long WALK, that is, lol!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am still a Black Firday Virgin...I can't make myself face the crowds and the aggression...so my hat is off to you

    ReplyDelete
  17. RESTED....Fireworks thursday had gotten to me!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,