Monday, April 19, 2004

The day is coming to an end

Today has been a busy day. We worked on the tractor until we got it going then Pat started discing the garden for me. I got part of the yard cut with the mower. I tell you the grass is really growing! It needed cutting last week but the rain kept me from doing so. Now it is almost as high as a hay field! LOL. It will take 2 times cutting it to get it cut right. o well I do not mind doing that. I love getting outside and cutting the grass. I do a lot of thinking while I am riding on the lawnmower or when I am out cutting the fields. It is something that takes hours to do and your thought tend to turn inward.

I was sitting outside watching Pat disc the garden and as I was looking around I realized that this farm is my whole world. sure I go other places like the store but basically this is my whole world. my best friend moved to Atlanta a couple years ago and now my other friend has gone to Flordia for an unknown amount of time. I don't know if she will be coming back. I am 44 years old and I have 2 friends that I know personally. Sure I know some people online but it is not the same thing. It is hard to hug your buddy list. How did I ever get here? Why didn't I make friends like other people did as they were growing up? Sure I knew a few people in the neighborhood but I can not say yeah they are my friends. I have no idea where they are now and I do not care to find out. I think I will stop for now as I really do not want to get down. It is time for me to stop thinking and just relax.

Time for a cappuccino and to just relax on the couch with my hunny.

1 comment:

  1. Even though you make friends when you are young it doesn't mean that they will be around when you get older.  I know this.  As for only having 2 local friends? Thank God that you have those 2.  They may be better friends than any you may have had at the age of 20.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,