Monday, September 24, 2007

Getting ready

I am back!

The weekend went fairly well. The wedding went extremely well.The trip home went okay. LOL That is the short version. Now on to the longer version.

How to begin...

Thursday morning I woke up at 6 am. My feet out of the covers with the fan blowing on them. After removing the feathered boa from my face, oops, nota boa after all. Start over here, after removing a white fluffy tail from my nose and eyes I got put of bed and headed to the bathroom. Light on and eyes closed. When I finally pried them open I realized I still could not see. Still not used to putting on the coke bottles in order to see when I get up. Back to the bed I go to retrieve my eyes so I could see my beautiful face in the mirror. After doing all those things necessary to maintain my loveliness ( wrinkle stuff, puffy eye stuff, white teeth stuff, you know stuff) I headed into the kitchen where a zoo awaited me. Buddy and Susie started winding themselves around my feet demanding that I give them attention first, Scampi whining in his kennel that he has been locked up all night and he really has to go bad. Scampi wins, mainly because if he does not then he will start howling, a loud, high pitched long drawn out howl. Of course, this does not make Susie happy so as he heads out the door she gives him a swipe on his butt. I then feed the cats and head to the birds. They are hollering that they want theirs now! Peaches get very loud if you do not pay attention to her when she wants it. Finally I get that done and I can now fix my water for my cup of tea. Whew, I am tired already and the day has just begun. While waiting on my water to get ready I tun the dryer on with the clothes that I removed from the washer(washed the night before as I went to bed) and put another load in the washer that was on top of it waiting to be washed. 7 am comes around and I am out the door. The sun is not up yet and it is a bit on the cool side. Wisps of fog still in the air, the air is so clean smelling today, the sky getting progressively lighter as I head down the driveway for my morning walk. Stopping by the chicken pen I toss Scampi in and head down the driveway with Pup. Halfway down he sees K walking the road to meet us and he takes off. The timing is perfect as she reaches my driveway as I reach the end of it and off we go on our walk. Pup is happy walking with us. He finds rabbit scents everywhere he goes and runs them down. Soon we smell a scent ourselves, a rather pungent scent, skunk and pigsty mixed together. Honestly that is what it was. A dead skunk and a pigsty side by side makes for a really stinky walk. Nothing speeds you up better than smells like that! LOL!

After my walk I had so much to do. Packing, cooking, cleaning, list making, driving,TaeKwonDo and more driving.

At 3:15 I headed to the school to pick up Brook and back to the house to pick up Pat to take him to work. If for once he could get ready on time Iwould not of had to head back to the house! Looking back I wish I had let him drive to work and I take my own car, another if wishes were horses thing. It takes about 45 minutes to an hour one way to his work.By the time we got back to town, it was time for Tae Kwon Do. I had grabbed a hot and ready from Little Caesar's because I knew I would not have time to cook. Off Brook and I go for her 2 hour class in Tae Kwon Do. After class she goes home to her mama's and I head home to finish my stuff. At 9 PM I still have not packed. I leave in less than 4 hours!

Midnight comes and I am done. I play for 30 minutes on the computer and then I head out the door. Halfway up the road I realize that I for got to print out itinerary with the flight plan on it so back to the house I go. Finally I get back on the road and off to pick up Pat. We go to the Waffle House as I do not have to be at the airport shuttle for another hour.

Friday 3 AM comes and I am off at last.


  1. and??? and????  more more more LOL...Hugs...Ora   PS...I am sooooo tired just reading this!!!!! LOL..

  2. The whirlwind of prep for a trip, if we stop and think about it, is not really any more than we do on another given day.  Which means, plain and simple that we all do too much!  LOL!

  3. WOW---your day makes me tired just reading it...bless your just keep going and going...
    I look forward to the next part!!!

  4. You hit the ground running and didn't stop, didn't you?  I hope you have a nice trip.

  5. Lord have mercy Celeste...I am tired from just rading all this!!!lol
    love ya,

  6. Sounds like a busy but fun weekend.

  7. That's a helluva lot to do when one gets up in the morning.  I am annoyed that I have to remove the covers.  I couldn't imagine doing all that mess!  LOL!


Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,