Thursday, March 29, 2007

shoe day

Yesterday was a long day. I did not get much done that's for sure. Here at the house I got a load of laundry done and the animals feed and that is about it. The big thing was getting the horses shoed.

Here is a shot of Precious waiting her turn. She is not happy. Her lower lip keeps quivering.  Here is trainer Eddie Landers showing the new farriers to be how to handle a horse using the Noavel Headstall.  Here he shows what it looks like when the leg is "broke". This is when you do not have to struggle to pick up the hoof.  This is a shot of one of the instructors and a student with Crystal.   This next shot is of the young man doing Precious. He was so nervous. It was his first day at the school.  Here is another shot of Eddie Landers and another one of the instructors.  

Eddie Landers is a professional trainer of horses. He specializes in behavioral problems. He uses the Noavel Headstall. He is based in Desha, AR. If anyone wants his number I can give it to you. Just email me.

7 comments:

  1. Well, when I get a horse, I'll get the number!  LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't do that job. No way! I'd be afraid I'd get kicked.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to work with a psychologist who also shoed horses.
    He scared the crap out of me when he told me what the vet does to the female horses...lol
    I dont think ill ever complain about my gyn visit after that... ok thats a lie I will still complain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very interesting.  love the pics  i love horses
    hugs
    noelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Celeste they are lovely pictures Horses are such beautiful creatures ~ how lovely it would be to work with them ~ Ally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics....love the horse...absolutely beautiful...
    thanks for sharing it all!
    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos Celeste. :o)

    Love Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,