Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Comfort Zone

" If we're growing, we're always going to be out of our comfort zone. "

- John Maxwell.

This is so true. As I look back over the times in my life I can see that the times that I grew. (And I am not talking about getting bigger) Yesterday was one of those days. Comfort zone would have been stay at home and not put my head on the line by testifying. I realized afterwards that I am so much stronger than I used to be. I have been in abusive relationships, I managed to walk away but not to ever do anything about them. I know that this was not exactly the same thing because it was not my relationship, but I did help do something about it. I know I now have a target on my back but I could not let fear of that stop me from doing the right thing. I know that I grew as a person because I stepped out of my comfort zone yesterday.

7 comments:

  1. I do that all the time. It's mad scary but, it's the only way to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comfort zones can be boring. You did the right thing :)

    He is more likely to go after someone who will show fear of him - he probably gets off on that.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celeste it was very brave of you to step out of your comfort zone ~ tae care ~ Ally

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that if we stay in our comfort zone we don't grow as people. I also think that you testifying was just as good for you and it was for your friend. It was almost like you weren't only standing up and saying it's not right nor ok for this to happen to her, but you were standing up for all that's happened to you and those times when you didn't stand up. I am so very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good going girl!!  Glad ya'll are getting some action against this jerk.  -  Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!
    LOVE,
    CARLENE

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so interesting, as I notice in the world how when you do a good job, your reward is to be promoted out of that job to another you may not do as well.  Makes no sense, but it's our reward system and people seem to put up with it.  I think when you do something well, you should be allowed to keep doing it, with the raise of course!  Hugs, Cathy  

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,