Okay, it is time for another edition of Patrick's Saturday Six. If you are not playing, you should. I just started and I an enjoying it! So here goes...
1. Who is the last house guest you invited into your home and was it a pleasant visit?
My last overnight guest was Pat's mother. It was not pleasant. Let's just leave it at that....
2. Other than to work or school, where was the last place you drove?
The last place I drove to was to TaeKwonDo.
3. In terms of emergency supplies, how many of the following do you have in your home? A) Candles B) Fresh batteries C) Containers of bottled water
A) I have 2 boxes of 12 emergency candles and a number of other candles 2) 16 D cell, 8 AA's, 2 big batteries 3) zero bottled water
4. You're invited to a pot-luck dinner: what specialty do you offer to bring? (It has to be something you can cook yourself, not something you bring from a store!)
macroni salad, orange fluff, cake, roast
5. Which of the following do you feel is the most true based on your own life experiences:
A) It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
B) The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.
C) To have a friend, you must first be a friend.
D) Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
E) Never judge a book by its cover.
F) The tree of knowledge bears the noblest fruit.
B and C
6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #31 from Cherie: We have all watched movies and TV shows that have inspired us to want to do what the characters in the show are doing, (doctors, lawyers, politicians, fire fighters, etc). Has there ever been program that you watched that made you realize that the occupation of the characters was something you could NEVER become?