Friday, November 26, 2004

Black Friday

It is Black friday and what am I doing? Nothing! I refuse to go shopping on this day! I used to work this day and I really hate it! There is no bargain in the world big enough to make me get out today. What is the fun of it? I do not see it. Sure I love a bargain as much as the next person. I have my doubts about whether or not it is really humans doing the shopping today.They are maniacs! I went to the store last year because I had to pick up a prescription for Brook. I had someone push me out of their way because there was something ahead of me that they wanted. I was pushed into a display that fell over.  In my retail experience, I have seen women slapping each other over a shirt! I have had to call security because of fights. Once I had to call an ambulance. These are the same people that would not dream of fighting the rest of the year. I was working in an upscale children's clothing store one year and one of the "pillars" of the community came into the shop.  Next thing I know she and another "lady" were going at each other like 2 alley cats! And get this neither of them bought the jacket they were fighting over. Why? Because in the fight they ripped a sleeve half off.    

So me, I am staying home. What did you do? And what did you see?     

10 comments:

  1. I stayed home too, but I love being out there in that mess as an observer.  Since I don't drive, I stay home and watch it on the news.  I'm sure this saves me a pile of money anyhow, and keeps me from buying "bargains" I don't really need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well,I went shopping. I know how you feel though. About 2 years ago I was working in retail and a man I worked with punched the timeclock with his badge and had a heartattack and died.  As for it being fun it's not.  I will say though that I did get something out of it. Remember me mentioning I needed a winter coat?  I got one...for 15 bucks.  

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sat home....nothing in the world would get me in a store today!  LOL  I am a retail veteran of the cabbage patch kids wars....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you Celeste, nuthing could get me out there for the world...i used to do it and seen wy to much bull crap, so now i stay home...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ITS A MADHOUSE, AND I STAY OUT OF IT. SHEESH! MY DAUGHTERS WERE OUT AT FOUR THIS MORNING. GOT SOME PRETTY GOOD DEALS, WITH NO ENCOUNTERS, BUT, THAT IS UNUSUAL HERE TOO. I WONT GO OUT THERE AND GET INTO ALL THAT MESS. I AM SICK WITH A BAD COLD TODAY FROM THE GRANDDAUGHTER, AGAIN!, SO I COULDNT HAVE WENT TODAY IF I HAD WANTED TOO. LOL!!
    KIM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. heck no,
    i won't go!!!
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you're staying home.  I'm tired of all the frenzy over shopping already and it isn't even December, all the pushing for us to buy, buy, buy.  It's such a shame; it kills the holidays for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is just crazy.  Surprise, Christmas is a big surprise, no knew it was coming for 11 months!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We don`t have Black Friday here in Britain but if we did I would stay home !  Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read this the other day but didn't have time to comment then.  Just wanted to say "OMG!"  I knew day after holiday sales were crazy, but that's just going too far.  I don't think any deal is good enough to go through that crap.  I can't see shoving other people, perfect strangers, around just to save some money, but you can bet that the first person to shove/hit/tromp on me would get back what they gave, along with a good lecture about common courtesy.

    Sammie  :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,