Monday, May 29, 2006

A day of remembrance

Today is a day set aside to remember those that died while serving their country, my country. I am proud to be an American. I love my country. I love all the people that died to give me my country. I love those that died to help other countries gain or keep their freedom.

A highway in my town of Lafayette, honoring those that died from our county.

At the National Cemetery, flags were placed on all the graves including the graves of Civil War dead, both North and South.

Here flags are placed on the graves of the unknown soldiers of the Civil War. There are hundreds of unknowns buried here.

There are also graves of WW1 and WW2 POWs here that were not returned to their homeland.

Here is my father. He did not die in the war but he proudly served.  

 

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful tribute.
    Have you ever been to Arlington National Cemetary? It's a sight you can never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures!  We took our flags to the beach and stuck them all around us.  Then we also brought them home.  Blessings, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely tribute Celeste ~ thanks for sharing those pictures ~ Ally

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you do tributes to things and the pics you take. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And thank you for giving them the honor each of them deserve...and thanks to your father for serving his country...Hugs,TerryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. We were moved by all the flags on the graves in our cemetary, too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,