Went walking the other day and found a flood survivor. A hornet's nest right where the water was about a foot and half deep. I have no idea how it could have survived the rush of water that went thru there. This nest is on the ground. See the hole in front? Theere are hornets flying in and out there. I pass that everyday on my way to get Brook. It is right beside the driveway. Any suggestions on what to do about it? My daughter is allergic to bee stings. Brook has never been stung so I do not know if she is or not. But with hornets, it really does not matter. They will sting you so much that it can kill someone that has no allergies.
On the other hand, it is a beutiful nest isn't it?