Tuesday, December 29, 2015

First time

Today was an early day for me. Went to bed at 12:30 , woke up at 4 AM. I hate when I do that. I laid there hoping to fall back asleep but sleep had left the building.

Go to the Doctor's office this morning for biopsy results and first chemo treatment. Talked to a nice man that was in for treatment of liver cancer. Him and his wife were encouraging.

Pat was called for lab work and then he was weighed in at 155.8 and BP was 130/80. Then back to the doctor's office. I knew when they doctor walked in. I knew before then. The results were not good. The cancer had spread into the lymph nodes. It is now in his blood stream. Who knows where or when it will settle into another spot.

Talk about pain, that was pain. It killed me to see the look on my husband face. To hear him say so it is over now. No. It is not over. It is not over. He is still alive, he can still fight this. Sure chances have just plummeted down to at best 15% to make it to 2 years.

First chemo treatment today. Gemzar/Carboplatin plus anti-nausea drugs via IV. He tolerated it well today. So far no nausea. Hair loss will happen. That is the least scary side effect. His immune system is now compromised . Red blood cell production will most likely go down. At one time or another he may have to receive blood. He is B- .

I am tired. I am going to lay down with him.

4 comments:

  1. Oh God. My sweet long time friend. I am so so very sorry. Sorry that you both have to deal with this now. we are praying for both of you. May I put him on our local prayer list on facebook? I will not do it without your say so. But I DO believe that prayers can help. I love you Celeste. God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is devastating news, Celeste. I can only say that you're not alone in this, neither of you, and wish you every strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to give you a little encouragement. My father had colon cancer that had spread to his lymph nodes. He had surgery a couple of months before he turned 72. He had radiation and chemo. He will be 89 the end of March. Praying for you both, there is always hope. Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,