Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring and stuff

It's spring fever.  That is what the name of it is.  And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!  ~Mark Twain

It feels good to be able to go outside and do stuff without freezing, getting wet or being too hot!. It is the perfect temperature to do stuff. Now if only the pollen was not floating all over the place it would be A-1 perfect! Talk about itchy, burning eyes! Ah but the price we pay for pleasure. The ground is still a bit wet for tilling. IF it does not rain today or tonight I will dig up my small garden by hand if I  must! We are still in extreme drought conditions in spite of the recent rains. I will not be planting corn this year as it really does not tolerate watering. It needs rain. More than likely I will concentrate on beans and okra.
Brook and Pat rode horses yesterday. I miss riding. Brook has taken over MY horse. She is supposed to be riding Dancer. LOL he is a big horse compared to the others. I think he will make a good horse for her. She needs to ride him so he can get used to her and her to him.
Ok , I need to do some cleaning as much as I hate to.

6 comments:

  1. I am anxiously awaiting the return of warmth.  Our snow is gone and the air is warer, but the ground is not quite thawed for planting.  Looking forward to the earthy scents and the sunshiny days.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I cannot wait for real Spring in New England. I'll be living vicariously through your gardening as time goes on. Hope that this is a great growing year for you! Margo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... oh, I love reading about people and how they are enjoying the day just because ..!

    btw ... I love your name ..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Mark Twains quote ~ explains Spring fever perfectly :o)  Spring hasn't quite arrived here yet but hopefully it soon will ~ today has been quite sunny but still cold ~ Hope the pollen don't get too bad for you ~ I hope Brook gets to ride Dancer so they can get used to each other ~ and you get your horse back :o) ~ Ally x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's warming up some place - that is a good sign :-). I bet working outside is going to make you even more cheery!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck with the gardening

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,