Thursday, July 6, 2006

this and that

April showers brings May flowers, except in this case it is July showers makes the garden grow! My garden is jumping overnight!Everything is growing and soon I will be getting produce out of it. It is also time to start planting some other crops. I always wait to plant my squash. It seems if I plant in the spring when you are supposed to I don't get any because it grows a hairy fungus and turns mushy. I am also going to plant watermelon that way I will have some when the store is out of them!

The rain is slowing down the putting up of the pool. I was hoping to have it up and filling it with water today so it would be ready tomorrow. Still a chance but a smaller one now. May be Saturday before we can get it up.

Tomorrow Brook goes back to doctor for x-rays and a new cast or a brace. I hope a brace! She is so tired of taking a halfway bath! She wants a shower and to go swimming!

School starts back in slightly over a month here. Starts back August 10th. That is a bit later than last year. Next year they do not get out until June instead of the middle of May like they did this year.

LOL Brook went thru a growth spurt. Candy had been buying some clothes for school without trying them on. Well the other day she tried some on and they were too tight! Poor kid. She has this tiny waist and nice legs. She needs a size 5 in waist, 8 in length(barely) and 10 in thighs! I guess all that kicking in Tae Kwon Do has built her up!

That's it for today. Enjoy your Thursday.

 

11 comments:

  1. Boy they do grow...I sure hope she gets the brace as well...and my kids think that august 20 something is bad!!!lol...Have a great day friend...TerryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been so hot here everything is blooming itself to death and I have not been able to get out there and enjoy the fruits of my labours.
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your garden is growing well and you will soon be getting produce out of it ~ Hope you manage to get your pool up and filled ~ When Brook goes back to the hospital I hope they give her a brace rather than another cast ~ amazing how quickly they grow will they be able to exchange the school clothes as they are now too small ? ~ Ally

    ReplyDelete
  4. A garden! How lucky you are! I grew up with a garden, my 75 yo father still grows a garden every year...sigh I am homesick. I love fresh veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope she gets the brace!!!  It must be exciting to watch the garden and know it is almost time to harvest!  Jae

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a girl built to wear a skirt, lol! I hope she gets the brace instead of a cast. Much more comfy.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was glad to see the rain -- messed up some of the hay we had cut but we so needed it.
    I cant belive they go back to school so soon it seem like they just got out.
    Terrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Celeste,  We badly need some rain here, we`ve just had a couple of wet days but we need far more to make a difference.  Brook must be really fed-up not being able to do very much during the holidays, let`s hope her wrist heals quickly. :o)

    Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. We need no more rain! You can take it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I THOUGHT BROOK LOOKED LIKE SHE HAD GROWN INHER LAST PICTURE ON HERE!!! HOPE THE POOR KID GETS OUT OF THAT CAST....BLESS HER HEART.
    MY SQAUSH GOT THAT FUNGUS STUFF YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT...I MAY PLANT ME SOME MORE TOO.
    LOVE YA,
    CARLENE

    ReplyDelete
  11. We finally got some july showers. I have enjoyed just standing and looking out the door. Hope your week-end is going good. Paula

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,