Monday, February 28, 2011

weather and whatever

This has been a long winter. I am ready for it to be over. We have had not one but several major winter weather events.
The white Christmas was wonderful but the rest of it can stay away next year.
Today we had a bad storm come through our area. Damaging winds and rain took its toll. Trees came down on people's homes , billboards went flying, wrecks all over the area, power out in 20-25,000 homes. Luckily I was not one of the homes without power. People are already talking about how bad it was. But in all honestly, it happens every year, this time of the year. At least once in February we get a doozey of a storm. I just ride it out. It used to terrify me. Now I put my shoes on and turn the sounds off and go about my business. Sitting here in a panic will not change anything. Running around like a chicken with his head cut off does not help. Doing the Chicken Little act will not stop the sky from falling.
Tommorrow is the first day of March. Will it come in like a lion or a lamb? I predict lamb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,