Tuesday, January 12, 2016

reflections

Yesterday was Pat's 67th birthday. Our granddaughter Brook drove us to IHOP for his birthday breakfast. He wanted pancakes so off we went. Brook ,of course, had chocolate chip pancakes. Pat went through over half a stack of 5 pancakes smothered in syrup, 2 eggs and sausage links. Our friend Christine joined us to help celebrate his day. He enjoyed himself and ate fairly good. 

I know I am repeating myself about how he ate. Thing is, he has lost weight. That worries me. He cannot continue losing weight like he is and fight the cancer. 

I never thought I would see the day when I would watch him start to shrivel up and become a frail man. He has always been my rock and now I must be his. I am not a rock. I really don't have a clue of how to be one. It was not supposed to be this way.

Ok. The alarm has gone off. Time to get up and get ready for his doctor's appointment. Well I guess part of it I have done already. Time to put on my face for my world to see. 

This is chemo rest week. Only thing he is having done is lab work.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,