Friday, September 12, 2008

and the panic bagan

Ike is a problem, not just for Texas but for all of us. Gas prices here has already jumped back to $4 a gallon with a 10 gallon limit!  Me I found out the hard way. I needed gas for the truck. It was horrible! I get to the station and there are cars lined up everywhere. 12 pumps and lines around the block on each of them. 45 minutes in line and I get to the pump. Thankfully the 10 gallon limit was not in effect yet. As I am pumping I count the cars behind me, 23 cars in my lane, multiply that by 12 and that is a lot of cars!

We got the tire for the bike finally. We had to order the tire. It is a high mileage tire for a bike, up to 30000 miles vs maybe 10000 for a Dunlop tire for the same price!. It is a Metzeler ME 880 Marathon. We love it. This is the second time we have gotten this particular tire. I highly recommend it.

Can't seem to catch up with stuff after that wonderful/disastrous vacation. I will, it just takes time.


 

4 comments:

  1. OH LORD.BETTER GO GET ME SOME GAS.... ;--(
    THANKS FOR THE WARNING.
    LOVE YA,
    CARLENE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gas lines? 10 gallon limit?? OMG are we back in the 70's gas crunch again? We haven't had those issues as of yet. Now I'll be waiting....
    Glad you found your new tire. Now you can take another trip!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. we havent had any of those gas problems as of yet. I hope we never do. I will look out for them for sure..hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Celeste, I've just found your journal again.  You were one of the first to comment in my journal when it began back in May of 2005.  I began journaling after my daughter Julie told me about all the great people she was meeting. She has since quit journaling but I'm still at it. I hope the situation there gets better for you soon. Linda in Washington state

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, spam is not tolerated,